Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Path Before Me

I am having a harder time leaving my house than I had divorcing my husband. And divorcing my husband was hard.

I am having a harder time leaving my house than I had burying my father. And burying my father was very hard.

Someday, I will share stories of my marriage and its end, of my father and his death. Someday, but not today. Today, I feel such deep longing for the past that if I linger there, I’ll surely become a pillar of salt.

And so I look ahead. I turn to face the path before me, and my little house whispers as if from behind, Go. It’s time for you to go.

On the path before me lies this mountain village on the isle of Crete:





Uproot whatever the roots are that hold you to a smaller vision, and move into a much larger sphere so that you can see in new ways.
-- Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments: