Monday, July 02, 2007

My Body: Forearm

In Physiology class last week, we traced one another on brown craft paper. Our homework was to draw the bones of our forearms and hands. Pictured here --click pic for a large view-- is the anterior view (palm side up) of my left arm. I asked my bones if they feel as awesome as my drawing looks. They said they do, even better.

I laid my real arm & hand upon the paper in order to check my proportions. My, but that was a trip. Let me check the accuracy of this image by measuring it against the real me. How surreal to look back and forth between my "real" hand and the image I had drawn: Here is a drawn image of my bones, which I can see, and here are my real bones, which I can't see; here is my drawing, which I created, and here is my hand, which I did not create. Or did I?

Next month, I'll draw my digestive system. Mercy!

* * *

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


Little Gidding V
Four Quartets
T.S. Eliot (1943)

No comments: