Friday, February 08, 2008

Emmanuel's Final Anatomy Class


On February 4, Emmanuel and I spent our last Anatomy class together at IMI. He really could use more muscles -- traps, lats, pecs, abs, glutes -- but he is as complete as is required for graduation. At least he's smiling.

See the screen in the upper right corner of the above photo? While we put finishing touches on our "manikens," our esteemed teacher treated us to a video of Kodo; thundering, pulsating Japanese drums played by some very fine examples of human anatomy.

What a joy it's been to form muscles with my fingers, rolling them, shaping them, attaching them to bone.

Sometimes, on my own leg, I can see the lateral edge of my soleus, hiding like a mackerel behind my gastrocnemius. And I think of Emmanuel.

I'll still have Monday morning lecture classes through March -- physiology, pathology, and business lectures -- but this was our last lecture in anatomy.

I'm going to miss this class.

No comments: