Thursday, June 21, 2007

Expected Towels, Unexpected Oils

Thanks to our syllabus, I expected to learn and practice towel techniques in hands-on class tonight (towel techniques: working on top of the towel that's draped over the client). The herbal oils, however, came as a surprise. A delightful surprise, indeed.

We applied five drops of each oil (see below) directly on our partner's back, along the spine. After gently rubbing it in, we re-covered our partner with the towel and proceeded to practice towel techniques. If you'd like to know more about towel techniques such as the spinal torque and the elephant walk, you have but to offer yourself upon my table; I'll show you.

I'd love to share more about tonight's class with you. Instead, I think I'll take me straight to bed and, mmmm, savor the herbal oil that's still penetrating my spine and feel the echoes of my classmate's firm strokes along my back, shoulders, neck...

G' night, me lovelies!

* * *

Peppermint Oil & Herbal Adjustment
Herbal ADJ ingredients: Capsicum, Indian Tobacco, Siberian Ginseng, Blue Vervain, Black Cohosh
Peppermint oil has a cooling effect, herbal ADJ has a warming effect. Used together, the two oils produce a sort of herbal "icy-hot" sensation. "This is a quick-acting, dramatically effective procedure for relief of headaches, cramping, arthritic discomfort, sports injuries, back discomfort, neck and shoulder tension." [From Herbal Extracts: Build Better Health with Liquid Herbs by Dr. A.B. Howard]

No comments: