Saturday, June 16, 2007

Irene & Energy Work


Irene Gauthier visited our hands-on class on Thursday night to participate in our first lesson in energy work (see links below for info). While I practiced on my classmate, Irene stood beside me and placed her fingertips lightly at each end of my biceps. Her fingers began moving in tiny circles, which she said she was not doing herself. "That's the energy," she said, "you see? You feel it?"

I tried so hard to believe, or not to disbelieve. No, I thought, I'm sorry to say I don't feel it. What I do feel is you -- 87-year-old healer and founder of this school -- touching me. I don't feel anything unusual in my arm, but I know who you are, and I accept the honor of your touch as energy enough. Just then, Irene's fingers stopped their circling, and an undeniable jolt ran from the center of my biceps to each end of the muscle, down to my elbow and up to my shoulder. My neck and head shot upright, too, although that, I'm certain, was a physiological response to the surprise I felt.

So I felt a jolt, so what? I can hardly call it a healing, as I had no pain or known issues in my arm. I could call it a nifty example of what we can do when we simply close a circuit of energy around a single muscle. I could also call it a fluke. There are all sorts of possibilities, but I want to choose one. I want to select just the right spot in the soil to place this particular seed of experience. That spot looks something like this: A healer touched me and said silently, Go thou and do likewise. Whether that ground is fertile, time will tell.

Energy Medicine General info @ answers.com
Craniosacral Therapy General info @ answers.com
Reiki Therapy @ Beaumont Hospital

2 comments:

Christina said...

hooray!

You are very good with words, by the way. My livejournal always sounds like this:

"So anyways. Then I did blah blah. And then blah blah blah. I don't know if blah, but blah blah anyway. so yeah."

haha

*MUAH*

Love,

~Me

Chrysoula said...

ADORABLE! That's what you are, simply adorable. {{{{{mmm!}}}}}