Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hands-On Class

Raise your hand if you've had at least one professional massage. ::counts raised hands::. Okay, now raise your hand if you've experienced an altered state of consciousness during a professional massage. Anyone? I'm talking about a trance or trance-like state. You're not asleep, but you're not awake; you know where you are, but you're not sure you're here. Yes? No? Anyone? My hand is raised.

When our teacher, Randy, asked how it went, I described my experience, and in the sweetest voice he said, "You were receiving."

Receiving. Think on that today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had several professional massages and only one really sticks out. When she was done, I swear my back felt 2-3 inches longer and straighter and I was in a totally heightened state of awareness for some time after. Felt like I'd done drugs...not that I would know what that feels like, mind you. She also pointed out afterwards that I had not been listening to an ocean CD as I thought but instead it was the traffic on the street outside. The mood she had set in her massage room was amazing.

Chrysoula said...

Sounds like an amazing experience, Taz. I love the part about traffic sounding like an ocean! And you've gone to this person only once because...?